Thursday, June 20, 2024

The Garden of The Soul

I was in my garden today, and it was the first time I'd seen it in almost three weeks after traveling and just being busy, and there were weeds everywhere. Everything was overgrown and just a mess, but in all the weeds, my flowers and herbs were also flourishing. I'm not going to lie. For a minute, I debated just taking my shovel, ripping out everything, and making a nice neat fire pit area. It just wasn't worth it anymore. I was so tired of constantly pulling out weeds. I just felt like I could hear the Lord whispering, "What if I looked at all your weeds and just said it's not worth finding the beauty in the mess."

It just hit me so hard. The Lord broke me down at that moment, and I was just so glad that the Lord didn't look at me and think, "There is too much wrong with this one." Instead, the Lord takes a meticulous amount of time to pull out every single weed in my life. Sometimes, I look at other people, see all their weeds, and say there is too much work to be done here. And I'm so glad the Lord doesn't look at us that way. It brings me infinite joy that the Lord gets down in the dirt with us enough to prune everything that doesn't look like him. Isn't that the beauty of the gospel? All mighty perfect God would come to look so undignified out of love to get down in the weeds to save us and sanctify us. I love that the whole plan of redemption starts in the garden and ends in the garden, where the leaves are for the healing of all nations. 


Till the restoration of all things, 

Josephine Rubinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleisure Traveling Trend